In today’s post, I’m going to show you exactly all you need to know about Facebook Dating Safety Tips that will allow you to use the newly launched dating platform to the optimum. So if you are a Facebook user and looking for a guide on Facebook dating safety tips, this article has gotten you covered.
Before we shall proceed with facebook dating safety tips for single men and women, let’s first off, consider how to create a Facebook account that lets you access the dating feature, how to access and create a dating profile on Facebook. For the sake of newly registered Facebook users, we may also consider how to login and logout Facebook.
However, if you have a Facebook account and have already set up a Facebook dating profile, you can skip this section and go straight to Facebook dating safety tips you need to know.
Having said that, let’s get started with how to create Facebook account. Bear in mind that this section is pertinent because the Facebook dating feature despite the fact that it has everything that every other dating platform has, is not a stand-alone website.
Rather, the dating platform is buried within the Facebook app and thus, everyone that wants to use the feature needs to first, sign up for a Facebook account.
Registering Facebook Account
The processes involved in registering or creating a Facebook account id pretty simple and easy. All you need to do is to visit the Facebook official homepage and follow the steps we will be sharing with you.
On the other hand, you will need to download as well as install the Facebook app on your mobile device and then use it to sign up for an account. Let’s kick thing start with the process of creating a Facebook new account:
ON DESKTOP COMPUTER
If you are using your personal computer to surf the internet and want to use it to set up a Facebook account, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to facebook.com on your browser. Note that you will need to first off, get connected to an internet source. That will allow you access to the internet world
- Next, check out the Facebook homepage and you should see the account signup section. Fill out the form by entering the following information: your first and last name, your email address or cellphone number, your birth date, your gender, and your password. Do ensure you use a password that is easy to guess but you can easily remember.
- Click on the signup button and you will be taken to the next stage of the account creation process
- Now, you will be required to visit your email or phone inbox and get the confirmation code sent to you
- Copy the code and enter it in the space provided
- Click submit and you are done creating a Facebook account
That is how to easily create account on Facebook that lets you have access to the Facebook dating feature as well as features like Facebook marketplace and facebook avatar, Facebook buy and sell groups, Facebook dating groups, Facebook business page, Facebook fan pages, Facebook birthday fundraiser and many others.
ON MOBILE DEVICE
If you want to use your mobile phone to create facebook account, follow the below guide:
- open your phone and check through the list of menus and you should either play store or app store
- Tap on the option and then you should be taken to the app store or play store
- Now, search for facebook app. You can do that by enter facebook app in the search section of the page. This search option is always located at the top of the page. Type facebook app and if necessary, tap on the search button
- Once the results displays, tap on the facebook app
- Tap download and allow it to finish downloading
- Tap install
- Tap to open the app and you will be taken to the facebook app interface
- At the sign up account section, enter your info as stated in the preceding section
- Tap on the sign up option
- enter the confirmation code
- Tap submit and you are done
That is how to sign up for an account on Facebook app. It is that simple and easy to undertake.
How To Login Facebook Account
If you have a Facebook account, here is how to login your profile:
- Go to facebook.com
- Next, check the top left section and you should see the login section. Enter your email address and password. You may need to enter your phone number if you don’t have any email id linked to the account.
- Click Login and you will be taken to your account
How to Logout Facebook Account
After finished accessing your facebook account, you may logout by following the below guide:
- Go to the top of the Facebook page and click on the triangular-shaped icon and a dropdown will appear.
- Next, tap on the logout button from the dropdown menu
That is how to logout Facebook profile. It is as simple as that.
How To Create Facebook Dating Profile
Facebook dating is done within the Facebook account, However, before you can start using the platform, you will need to set up a separate user information. No worries, no information on the Facebook dating site will be displayed on your main Facebook account.
So don’t bother your friends and neighbour having to discover that you are on Facebook dating site.
Having said that, here are the steps for creating account on Facebook dating app.
- Launch your Facebook app
- Next, login your profile if need be
- Go to the top of the Facebook app and tap on the menu button. The menu button is the three horizontal lines icon
- From the displayed menus, scroll down and you should see dating. You may need to tap on the see more option if you don’t see the dating option. If seen, tap on it
- Now, you will need to enter your name and the username, upload a photo for your profile photo, choose your location, and others.
- Once you are done, your profile will be ready for use
That is how to easily set up a Facebook dating profile.
Facebook Dating Safety Tips
Do not include your last name, financial information, email, home address, phone number, place of work, or any other identifying information in your Facebook Dating profile or chat messages with someone.
You will need to report and block anyone who asks you to share this kind of personal information or anyone who you feel is suspicious. Bear in mind that Facebook will not let the person know who reported them.
Watch out for Scams
Scammers may use fake or compromised accounts to delude you into giving them money or personal information. If you have received a message that you believe is a scam, you should not reply to them and report the person to Facebook. Some common warning signs are when a scammer:
- Wants to leave Facebook Dating immediately and use personal email or IM to chat up.
- Claims to be in love very quickly to persuade you to talk with them by all means.
- Plans to visit, however, claims that something bad happened and plans get cancelled.
Scammers may attempt to get you to wire money or send gifts. They might ask for money so they can use it for travel, medical emergencies, hotel bills, hospital bills, or visas. Any online love interest that requests money is likely a scammer. Learn more about keeping your account secure and other common scams.
Don’t Send Money
Never respond to any requests to send money, wire transfer money or make a donation. Contact your bank and local law enforcement right away if you think you’ve sent money to a scammer, and report anyone who asks you to send money.
Getting to Know Someone
People may misrepresent themselves and their intentions in their Facebook Dating profile, including their gender or sexual orientation. This could lead to harassment or harm if you decide to meet them in person.
Keep your communications on Facebook Dating, do your research and really get to know the other person before you meet for the first time.
Staying Safe When Meeting in Person
Here are some suggestions to help you stay safe:
- Tell someone about your plans
- Tell a trusted friend or family member about your plans before going out, as well as when you expect to be back home.
- Meet and stay in public
- When meeting someone for the first time, meet in a public place where other people are around.
- Monitor any alcohol or substance consumption
- Alcohol and other substances can affect your behavior, so be aware of what you consume and always keep your glass in hand or in sight.
- Make sure your mobile phone is charged
- Keep your mobile phone fully charged and with you in case of an emergency.
- Arrange your own transportation
- Arrange your own transportation to and from an in-person meeting to make sure you have control over when you arrive and leave.
If you Feel Uncomfortable or Unsafe
If you or someone you know is the victim of a crime or is in immediate danger, contact your local law enforcement for help. If you ever feel pressured or uncomfortable, you can:
- End the date and arrange your own transportation home.
- Block anyone who makes you feel uncomfortable.
- Report anyone you think is suspicious.
That is it on Facebook Dating Safety Tips For Single Ladies & Men. I hope this article was helpful. Kindly share!!!