Facebook Marketplace Nigeria – Facebook Marketplace Buy and Sell In Nigeria: Do you reside in Nigeria and wondering if you can access the Facebook marketplace in your location? If you answered yes, we have good news for you.
The good news is that the Facebook marketplace is now available in Nigeria. By that, we simply imply that the Facebook marketplace feature, a free online marketing platform that allows persons all over the world to buy and sell both new and used products.
Yes, Facebook users in Nigeria can now use the Facebook marketplace feature to purchase and sell things online. Continue reading below and please don’t hesitate to share it with your friends and loved ones!!!
Facebook Marketplace Nigeria
Facebook Marketplace has been launched in Nigeria a few months ago. The platform is a convenient destination where people can discover, buy and sell items from others in their local communities.
The free marketing platform has earlier been launched in South Africa, Ethiopia, and Kenya and now Nigeria has joined the growing list of countries where people can simply tap on the Marketplace icon or visit www.facebook.com/marketplace to browse and search for items, sort based on distance or category.
Commenting, Adaora Ikenze, Head of Public Policy for Anglophone West Africa, said: “The launch of Marketplace in Nigeria further highlights our ongoing efforts in helping to boost buying and selling in Nigeria and connecting communities.
This comes at a crucial time as the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact people and businesses, and with many people buying and selling on Facebook, this will provide people with a convenient destination where they can discover new products, shop for things they want or find buyers for the things they are ready to part with.”
How Selling Works on Facebook Marketplace Nigeria
When a seller lists an item on Marketplace, they create a public listing that can be seen by anyone on Facebook. This includes people on Marketplace, News Feed, Facebook search, Facebook Groups, or search engines.
Sellers can simply take a photo of an item, enter a product name, description, and price, confirm their location, select a category, and post.
- Commerce Policy: Items, products, or services sold on Facebook must comply with our Community Standards, as well as the Commerce Policies. Sellers and Merchants are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Verify the item: For high-value items (example: watches, luxury bags), consider requesting a certificate of authenticity or proof of purchase. If you’re not satisfied with an item’s condition or have doubts about its authenticity, you can decline to complete the purchase. If the seller offers to ship the item rather than exchanging it in person, keep in mind that you may not have the opportunity to verify the item before completing your purchase.
- Meet in a public location: If you are meeting, ensure this is in a public place. Don’t invite buyers or sellers into your home. Before going to the agreed location, tell a family member or a friend the exact location where you will meet, bring your cell phone, and consider asking another adult to come with you. If the value of the item you intend to buy or sell requires a significant amount of cash, you might consider using a person-to-person payment method. Please follow local guidelines for how to stay healthy and help prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) while buying and selling.
- Use cash, COD, or person-to-person payment methods: Buyers and sellers may offer or accept cash, Cash on Delivery (COD) or person-to-person (P2P) payments. If you choose to pay electronically using bank transfer or money order solutions, avoid payment links and log in directly through the payment method’s website. Keep in mind that personal checks or bank drafts can be counterfeit. Transactions are between the buyer and seller only, and no third-party guarantee should be involved.
- Protect your privacy: Don’t share your financial account information (example: Payment login and password, bank account info) with buyers or sellers. Additionally, make sure your Facebook Privacy Settings are up-to-date. These settings help limit what other people can see (example: status updates, location, photos) on your profile page and what you share on Facebook.
- Report a seller or listing: If you think a seller or product violates our Commerce Policies, you can report them.
- Watch out for potential scams: For example, be wary of sellers who express urgency or claim to be in rush. Always take the time to verify the product meets your needs before making a final decision. Also be wary of people who pretend to be employees of Facebook and ask for your account information and personal details, or suggest using any kind of services to complete a transaction.
To help prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) while buying and selling, all local measures and guidelines should be followed and for further information visit https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/learn-more/coronavirus
How To Find Facebook Marketplace
If you are in Nigeria, here are the steps you need to follow to easily access the facebook marketplace:
- Go to Facebook via facebook.com
- Next, enter your name, email address or phone number, and password
- Click on the login button and you will be taken to your Facebook profile
- Once taken your facebook account, go to the left column of your facebook newsfeed and you should see the marketplace. You can also click on the see more option to see more facebook menus. Click on the marketplace button and you will be taken to the marketplace platform
Those are the steps for accessing the Facebook marketplace icon on your personal computer. If you want to use your mobile phone to access the marketplace feature, you can follow the below guide:
- Launch your mobile phone
- Next, tap on the Facebook app on your device
- Login your Facebook app if necessary
- Go to the top right corner of the Facebook app and tap on the menu button if you are using an android phone and at the bottom right of the app if you are using iPhone device
- Tap on the marketplace icon. Note that you may need to tap on the see more option if you can’t find the marketplace button. Once seen the marketplace button, tap on it and you will be taken to the facebook marketplace interface.
Those are the steps you need to follow to easily access the Facebook marketplace on your mobile phone.
That is it on Facebook Marketplace Nigeria – Facebook Launches Marketplace In Nigeria. I hope this article was helpful. Kindly share!!!