In today’s article, we are going to be teaching everything you need to know about Marketplace Facebook Near Me. Yes, during the course of this post, you will see Facebook Marketplace Rules to staying safe.
So, if you are among the numerous Facebook users and searching for a guide on Buy & Sell at Marketplace Facebook, this article has gotten you covered. Continue reading below and please don’t forget to share this article with your friends and loved ones!!!
Nevertheless, before we shall proceed with the guide on How to stay safe on the Facebook Marketplace, let us first off, consider how to create a Facebook account:
Facebook App Account Profile
If you are an online user and looking for a guide on steps on How the Facebook Marketplace works, here are the steps you need to follow to signup for an account that will allow you to the Facebook marketplace:
- Launch your android phone
- Next, tap on the play store and search for facebook app
- Tap download on the play store
- Wait for the app to download and then tap install
- Once the app installed, tap to open it
- When you are taken to the facebook app homepage, tap on the create new account
- Now, you will need to fill out the form by entering your first and last name, phone number or email address, password, date of birth as well as gender
- Next, tap signup to continue
- Afterward, copy and enter the confirmation code sent to you in the required field
How To Sign Up On Facebook Using Desktop
Here are the steps you need to follow to successfully sign up on Facebook;
- Open the Facebook site, www.facebook.com.
- Once you have done that, you can now click the “create new account” link at the top or bottom of the screen or page.
- After that, you will see another page, with some empty boxes.
- Those boxes should contain information about you.
- Now fill in your names, email or phone number, password, gender, and your birthday.
- When all this is done correctly, click the signup button.
- Then you will be sent a confirmation message to your email or phone number.
- The message contains digits to confirm your sign up.
- Type in those digits in the confirmation box on Facebook.
- After that click the “continue” link.
Now you have fully completed your sign up steps and you are now a Facebook user.
Congratulation, your account is now live on Facebook. You can now start using the platform to access several things on Facebook.
Facebook Account Login Steps
If you have an account on Facebook and want to figure out how to login, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Visit facebook.com on your browser
- Next, locate you will see where you can enter your login details. Now, enter either your phone number or email address that is linked to the account
- Enter password
- Now, click login and you will be taken to your account
It is that simple and easy. Once you do that, you will be taken to your Facebook profile.
Having outlined that, let’s now proceed with the business of the day, How to stay safe on the Facebook Marketplace – Buy & Sell at Marketplace Facebook.
Just from the implication of the its name, Facebook Marketplace is a buying/selling medium incorporated into the Facebook app, to enable users buy and sell items at will no services charges whatsoever. This service offers a lot of perks. For one, it brings certain items within the reach of buyers, which normally would be unaccessible.
One little issue which seems to be nitpicking though, is that this service is only accessible if you use the Facebook app. This means, if you sign in to your account via the Facebook site, you won’t be able to use this service.
Facebook already stands out from other social media sites due to a plethora of features it offers. But this – Marketplace, blows other sites out of the water. Facebook would be the first and only social site to incorporate this into their app.
How the Facebook Marketplace works
The Marketplace is designed such that buyers and sellers within a particular locale can do business with each other. This way, one doesn’t have to do much to get buyers. Now, that’s how well organised the Facebook Marketplace is.
If you intend to sell and item, you are required to give details on the item so prospective buyers can get a run down of what you’re offering.
When a buyer visits and shows interest on your item, you will be notified. From there on out, whether the buyer buys the item or not depends on your negotiation.
How to Find the Marketplace Service
- Sign in to your account using the Facebook app.
- Tap on the “Shop-looking” icon on your News feed.
- If you intend to sell an item, tap on the “Sell Something” button and then tap on “Item for Sale“.
- Enter the required details about the item and place it under the appropriate category.
Now, your work is done. You just have to wait to get notified when a prospective buyer indicates interest in your item.
Facebook Marketplace Rules
The Facebook Marketplace rules are:
1. Non-Physical Items
Non-physical items are not allowed to be sold on the Facebook Marketplace. These items include:
- “in search of” posts,
- lost and found posts
- jokes, and news
2. Sales of Certain items are not allowed.
Facebook outlines certain items that cannot be sold on the Marketplace. These items include:
- Healthcare items (thermometers, first-aid kits, etc.).
- Illegal, prescription or recreational drugs.
- Tobacco products or tobacco paraphernalia.
- Adult products or services.
- Digital media and electronic devices.
- Event tickets.
- Gift Cards.
- Unsafe supplements.
- Weapons, ammunition, or explosives
3. Description Must Match with Photo
Facebook does not allow the sale of item or items that do not match with the description and title of the listing item on the Marketplace. For example, a photo showing weight loss.
How to stay safe on the Facebook Marketplace
Here are some tips that will help you stay safe on the Facebook Marketplace:
1. Protect your privacy: Always protect your privacy. Never share your financial informationlike PayPal login and password, bank account info, with buyers or sellers. If you’re selling electronics, make sure you’ve cleared any personal information from the device.
2. Meet in a safe location: Choose a public place to meet with the person you want to buy or sell from.
3. Verify the item in person: Verify the item you want to buy and be sure it is what you want before making payment for it. For high-value items (example: watches, luxury bags), you can request a certificate of authenticity or proof of purchase.
4. Use cash or person-to-person payment methods: Buyers and sellers should offer or accept cash or person-to-person payments available in Facebook Messenger or PayPal.
5. Watch out for counterfeit items: Review any items before buying to make sure that they’re genuine.
6. Be careful of too good to be true deals: Be careful of deals that seem too good to be true. Scammers may try to use underpriced items to lure buyers into a scam.
That is it on How to Stay Safe on the Facebook Marketplace – Buy & Sell at Marketplace Facebook. I hope this article was helpful. Kindly share!!!
You must log in to post a comment.