Charter Spectrum Email Account Sign Up
You can choose whether to create a Spectrum email account after setting up your Spectrum.net username and password. One thing about the email is that not many Spectrum.net internet subscribers are aware that every customer does not automatically receive a Spectrum email account from the business. The only users who can access Spectrum email are those who register for a Spectrum.net email account.
If you currently have an active Spectrum internet plan, we will assist you through the steps to create a Spectrum email account. One of the biggest phone and cable companies in the US, Charter Communications (now known as Spectrum), provides its customers with free webmail services.
The steps listed here allow a username to create an email account if they haven’t already. You must first create a new username if you want to create a new email address.
You can make up to seven free Spectrum email addresses as a user of Spectrum Internet services. You can manage your account and have full access to all features using your primary or administrative username and email address.
How to Create Spectrum Email Account for an Existing Username
The instructions below can be used to create a Spectrum email account if you already have a Spectrum.net username.
Enter your username and password to log into Spectrum.net at https://www.spectrum.net/login/.
How to Create a Spectrum Email Account
- Go to the Menu icon in the top left corner of the page and select Manage Account.
- Choose to Create a Spectrum Email Address. If you already have a Spectrum email address, you won’t see this option. To create a brand new Charter Spectrum email address, first, you must create a new username.
- When prompted, select Create Mailbox to confirm that you want to set up a Spectrum email account ([email protected]).
- Enter your Spectrum.net password and then select Finish.
- You’ll receive a confirmation notice that your Spectrum mailbox has been created.
- Select Go to Mailbox to begin using your new Spectrum email account.
How to Create a Spectrum Email Address for a New Username
To begin with, create a new Spectrum username and password by following the instructions below. Using your account information, create a new Spectrum username online as follows:
- Select the Menu icon in the upper left-hand corner of the page, then select Create a Username.
- Select Account Info and enter your Account Number and Security Code, located on your bill.
- Confirm that you’re not a robot and select Continue.
- Verify Your Identity by receiving a code via text, email or a phone call.
- Enter the verification code on the next screen.
- Check Your Info: First name, last name, contact email address and phone number.
- Choose Your Username: You can use your email address or phone number as your username, or create a new username.
- Enter Your Password: Create a password (follow the guidelines to create a strong password) and select your security question and answer.
- The first username you create will be your Primary and will have full privileges on Spectrum.net.
How to Create Charter Spectrum Additional Email Addresses
- Sign in to Spectrum.net as usual.
- Next, select the My Account link at the top of the page.
- Near the bottom of the page, you will see a list of all existing usernames already associated with your account.
- Select Add User
- Now provide the requested details for the new user and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Select Create Username
- This will create your new standard username. Optionally you can upgrade a standard user to an administrative user.
- Follow the instructions above with a new username (you can create up to four additional email accounts).
How to Unlock Spectrum Email Account
You must be aware that after six months of inactivity, Spectrum email accounts lock and incoming messages are denied. However, as long as your Spectrum Internet subscription is still active, all of your previous emails will still be accessible on your account.
- To unlock your email account
- Sign into your account and
- Select the Email icon located at the top right of the screen.
Use the comment box below if you have any more questions on how to create a Spectrum email account using an existing username or a new Charter Spectrum email address for a new username.