Are you looking for the reason Why Don’t I Have Facebook Market Place? If you answered yes, here is a comprehensive and straight-to-the-point guide on the reasons Why You Cannot Access the Facebook Marketplace.
Interestingly, during the course of this article, you will see all the basic reasons you can’t use Facebook marketplace and the processes you need to undertake to get the issue resolved and start using marketing place on Facebook. Keep reading and don’t forget to share this article with your friends and loved ones!!!
Facebook marketplace is a free online marketing platform that is developed and buried within the facebook social media platform. That means that before you can start using the free marketing place to buy or sell things within your local communities online, you will need to first off, signup for a facebook account.
Bear in mind that the process involved in creating an account on facebook is pretty much simple and also free. Here is how to get that done:
- Launch your device and get it connected to an internet source
- Next, go to the facebook homepage via facebook.com
- Click Create New Account
- Enter all the required information and click signup
- Copy and enter the code sent to you
- Click submit and you are done
Those are the steps you need to follow to create a facebook account that allow you access to the marketplace feature on facebook.
NOTE: The facebook marketplace is accessible on both mobile and computer devices. The marketplace icon is located in the left column of the facebook news feed. For mobile users, you will need to tap on the menu button and then access the marketplace button.
Having outlined that, let’s continue with the business of the day, Reasons You Don’t Have Facebook Market Place.
Facebook Marketplace Access
In the quest to make the Facebook social media platforms meet people’s needs apart from just making friends, Facebook has added a buying and selling transaction to the site and it is named “the Facebook Marketplace”.
Facebook Marketplace built into Facebook, just like eBay, Amazon, allows over 800 million users every month to buy, sell, and trade items and services with other people in their locality for free.
Within the marketplace on facebook, people from far and near can undertake business transactions. Sellers can list their products and the potential buyers can connect to the sellers and the sale is pulled through at the end.
It is important to bear in mind here that to be a seller in the Marketplace, your products must meet the terms and conditions of the marketplace. Listed below are flags that will disqualify goods from being sold in the marketplace:
- Abstract item: You can’t sell anything that is not a physical product. For example, “in search of” posts, news, jokes, and lost and found posts, are highly prohibited.
- Phots and descriptions that do not tally: The photos of the item listed up for sale must tally with the description and title of the item.
- Healthcare: Healthcare-related items are not allowed (for example thermometers, first aid kits).
- Services or event tickets: You can only sell a service (for instance: house cleaning) or event tickets on Marketplace with Facebook’s written permission. Learn more about our policies on services and event tickets.
- Before and after pictures: Products for sale on Facebook cannot show a before and after picture (for instance: a photo showing skin tone).
- Animals: Selling animals is not permitted on Marketplace or buy and sell groups including posting about animals for adoption.
In addition to that, you can access the Facebook Marketplace directly or through your Facebook mobile app. Peradventure you have attempted to open the Facebook website or app and the Facebook Marketplace icon is not showing, there are possible causes to that.
Why You Cannot Access the Facebook Marketplace
Here are the reasons why you don’t have the Facebook Marketplace.
1. You are under 18: Facebook Marketplace is only available to Facebook users who are 18 years old or over.
2. Your home region is not supported: Facebook Marketplace is only available in 50 countries including the United States, Canada, and Australia. If your home address on your Facebook profile is set to a country that isn’t supported, the Facebook Marketplace icon will not appear.
3. You may be in an unsupported country: Traveling to a country that isn’t supported by Facebook Marketplace may also make the option disappear from the Facebook site and apps.
4. The iPod touch is not supported. Facebook Marketplace shows on iOS app on the iPhone and iPad. However, it won’t show up when using an iPod touch.
5. Newly Opened Facebook account: If your Facebook account is new, you are likely not to find Facebook Marketplace as it does not appear at all to new Facebook users. This is likely done to prevent spammers from creating new accounts and selling fake products soon after having previous accounts banned from the platform.
6. Dynamic menu. The main icon menu within the Facebook apps is actually dynamic and will display shortcuts to Facebook features that you use the most. If you go a while without using Facebook Marketplace, the icon may disappear or be replaced with another one for groups, video, or some other Facebook feature.
That is it on Reasons You Don’t Have Facebook Market Place. I hope this article was helpful. Kindly share!!!