- If you actually want to remove your Instagram account from an iPhone, you have to delete it on your phone through a web browser rather than via the app.
- You can temporarily disable your Instagram account through the iPhone Instagram app, but.
If you visit social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, you might have seen friends engaged in social media removal where you uninstall an app for a couple of days or longer to minimize airtime (and sometimes stress).
But if it is now your time to leave social media behind, there might not be options on the apps themselves for removing your accounts. Instagram accounts, for instance, can only be removed via a web browser.
Here’s how to delete your Instagram account on an iPhone through that process.
How to delete your iPhone Instagram Account
1. First, open Safari or any other web browser on your iPhone.
3. Here you will sign in to your Instagram account using either your handle, email, or phone number and password.
4. The next thing you will need to do is to answer why you are choosing to delete your Instagram account via a drop-down menu.
5. You will then be asked to enter your password again. Once you’ve done that, tap on “Permanently delete my account” at the bottom.
6. The last screen before your account is permanently deleted will ask you if you are sure. If so, tap “OK.”
This will erase your account completely, ensuring you will never access it again. You can also disable your account if this sounds too drastic for you which will shield it from public view before you decide to log back in.
How to disable your Instagram account temporarily on an iPhone
1. Open Safari or another web browser on your phone.
2. Go to http://instagram.com/accounts/remove/request and log into your Instagram account.
3. You’ll be asked to provide the reason that you’re disabling your account.
4. Enter your password again, and tap “Temporarily Disable Account.”
5. You’ll be asked to confirm that you want to disable it again. Tap “Yes.”
How to remove the Instagram app from your device on iOS
1. First off, you will need to press and hold the Instagram app icon on the home screen of your iOS device until all the apps begin to wiggle.
2. Tap the ‘x’ in the top left corner of the Instagram app.
3. Next, you will need to tap on the “Delete” button
But remember that permanently deleting your account will erase your entire Instagram history, including all your photos. If you want to save your Instagram data before deleting, here’s how to do that:
How to download your Instagram data before removing the app
1. Open the Instagram app.
2. On your profile page, tap the three lines in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
3. Next, go to the bottom of the page and tap “Settings” the icon that looks like a gear.
4. In Settings, find “Security.”
5. In the Security menu, under Data and History, tap “Download Data.”
6. Enter the email you wish to have your Instagram data sent to and tap “Request Download” it can take up to 2 days for Instagram to send your photos, comments, and profile information. You should wait until you receive the data before deleting your account.
That is it on How to Delete or Temporarily Disable Your Instagram Account on an iPhone. I hope this article was helpful. Kindly share it with your friends and loved ones!!!