Facebook is a fantastic platform to interact with people virtually. The social media platform has ingrained itself into our daily lives since we frequently access all the information on our friends, family, and other loved ones there. This, however, also means that stalkers can use it as a medium. We’ve all experienced the circumstance when stalkers repeatedly search your page or intruders download your profile images to make phony accounts, among other things.
Therefore, the firm just unveiled a new security tool called Facebook Profile Lock in an effort to stop this. Users are given more control over their profiles thanks to the functionality. For individuals who want to entirely lock their profile from strangers or stalkers, the option is really helpful. This post will demonstrate how to lock your Facebook profile on an Android or iOS device as well as on the mobile website. Without further ado, let’s get started.
How does Facebook Lock Profile Works?
Profile lock is a new security feature that Facebook has launched. Users can use this feature to only allow those who are friends of their friends to view their profile. When a user locks his or her profile, anyone who is not on the friend list cannot view the profile. Additionally, they won’t be able to download cover and profile photos. According to the company, users are unable to view posts and photographs as well.
They are also unable to access any Stories that a user has posted to his profile. Additionally, the Lock Profile option converts previously shared posts from being Public to Friends. Additionally activated are the timeline review and tag review. This implies that others must obtain your consent before tagging you in their posts. Additionally, only a subset of their About information will be displayed on their profile for everyone to see. Let’s look more closely at how to lock your Facebook profile on various platforms now that you are aware of how Facebook’s lock your profile feature operates.
How to Lock Facebook Profile on Android and iPhone?
Facebook’s mobile applications for iOS and Android make it simple to protect your profile from stalkers. An instruction manual for locking a Facebook profile is provided below:
- Open the Facebook app and tap on your Profile
- Now tap on the three-dot menu next to the ‘Add to Story’ section.
- Here, you will find the ‘Lock Profile’ option. Tap on it and you will be taken to the Lock Profile page.
- Tap on the ‘Lock Your Profile’ button to confirm.
Your Facebook profile is now locked as a result. By following the same procedures as above, you can choose to unlock it as well.
How to Lock Facebook Profile on Website
By accessing Facebook from your desktop browser, you can also lock your profile. All you have to do is adhere to these instructions:
- Type facebook.com on your browser and log into your account.
- Click on your Profile to open it.
- There you will see the three-dot menu. Tap on it and go to the Lock Profile option.
- There will be a pop-up message showing you locking your profile works and comes with the Lock Your Profile button at the bottom. Click on it to lock your profile.
How to Unlock Your Facebook Profile?
You can unlock your profile whenever you want on Facebook as well. All you have to do is proceed as follows:
- Go to the Facebook application on your mobile or facebook.com on your desktop browser.
- Click on your Profile section and click on the three-dot menu.
- There, you will find Unlock Profile option. Click on it and you will see a pop-up message. Click on Unlock Profile.
You must log in to post a comment.