Facebook Marketplace Buy Sell Nearby Me – How To Access Marketplace Facebook Near My Local Community: The Facebook marketplace is one of the most used online marketing communities that allows its users to buy and sell things within their local community for free.
Yes, unlike other marketing platforms, the Facebook marketplace allows you to list an item both new and used ones, and then target them for you without any cost.
With that being said, this article is all about the Facebook marketplace and how to use it to buy and sell things online.
So if you are among the numerous Facebook users, and want to figure out the procedure involved in marketing on Facebook’s social media platform, this article has gotten you covered.
Here, you will see the exact steps for accessing the marketplace on Facebook and then also list the products and services you have for sale. Continue reading below and please don’t hesitate to share it with your friends and loved ones!!!
BONUS: I just wrote an article on how to use facebook dating feature to connect with singles. Click on the link to access the article.
Facebook marketplace is one of the most used features on Facebook. Although not available at all locations, the Facebook marketplace has experienced a mass welcome by people all over the globe.
It is a very fascinating feature to use by businessmen and women that use Facebook as a medium for promoting their products and services online.
Simply put, Facebook marketplace offers its users the liberty to buy or sell new and used items easily on Facebook, locally, or from businesses. With this Facebook feature, you can find great deals on new items shipped from stores to your door.
Yes, once you contact the seller of the item you found interesting, the next step is to contact them via messenger and then negotiate the price. Once that is done, the item will be shipped to your doorstep.
It is as simple as that. Don’t worry, I am going to be showing you all the steps on how to access the Facebook marketplace both on your desktop computer and on mobile app.
Before we shall proceed further, let’s summarized all that we have said:
- Facebook marketplace is a peer-to-peer online platform that allows Facebook users to buy and sell new and pre-owned items.
- Facebook marketplace is free to use.
- Another thing that is worthy of note is the fact that the Facebook feature comes with a built-in audience of 800 million monthly users.
- The Facebook marketplace doesn’t need a website to sell. Every Facebook user can easily get on it and start selling what they have.
- If you can access the marketplace on Facebook, you can create listings on the go with the Facebook app.
Selling on Facebook Marketplace Benefits
Unlike other online marketing places, facebook marketplace is trustworthy. Yes, Facebook marketplace has features that let you report sellers as well as buyers. With the fact that everyone that can use the platform has a Facebook account, there is some level of trustworthiness which can be stated as thus:
Before you can buy or sell to someone on Facebook marketplace,
- You can easily look at their profiles and sell their rating
- You can check how long a particular account has been active on Facebook
- There is also the history of the transaction, Thus, you can actually see their previous Marketplace activity
- The platform offers users the leverage to reporting any suspicious sellers and buyers
Bear in mind that the aforementioned doesn’t imply that the facebook marketplace is scam-free.
Facebook Marketplace Categories
Here are the different categories on facebook marketplace:
- Clothing & Accessories
- Home & Garden
With the above categories, buyers and sellers can easily locate their listing as well as items they would want to buy.
Messaging On Facebook Marketplace
Facebook marketplace also allows both buyers and sellers to message each other before carrying out any transaction. So if you have seen an item you want to buy, you can easily click or tap on the messenger button at the bottom right of the product you want to buy and send a message to the seller. They will receive the message in their inbox and reply via messenger.
How To Sign Up For Facebook Account
Facebook marketplace is a feature that is can only be accessed via the social networking website. Thus, if you don’t have an account on Facebook, you can’t use the free marketing feature to buy and sell.
Having said that, let me quickly outlined all the steps you need to follow to create a Facebook account,
- Visit the Facebook official website via facebook.com using your computer
- Next, go to the account sign section of the Facebook homepage and fill out the form. Yes, enter your first and last name, enter your email address or cellphone number, enter your date of birth, select your gender
- Click sign up button
- Next, enter your password and confirm it
- Wait for a confirmation code to be sent to your mobile number or email address. Copy the code and enter it in the space provided
- Click to submit and you are done
Your account is now live on Facebook. Congratulations. You can now set up your profile and start using it to connect with your friends and loved ones.
Yes and also for accessing the online marketing place.
How To Find Facebook Marketplace On Desktop
If you are using your personal computer to access Facebook, here are the steps you need to follow to easily locate the marketplace:
1. Go to facebook.com
2. Login to your account by providing your login details
3. Click on the login button and you will be taken to your account
4. Next, go to the left column of the Facebook newsfeed and you should see marketplace
All you need to do is to click on it and you will be taken to the marketplace interface.
That is how to find Facebook marketplace on a computer.
How To Find Facebook Marketplace On Mobile App
If you are using your mobile phone to access Facebook, here are the steps you need to follow to easily locate the marketplace:
- Open your phone and tap on the Facebook app in your menu
- Login to your account by providing the necessary details
- Next, tap on the menu button at the top right corner of the Facebook app. This feature can be located at the bottom of the Facebook app for iOS users
- Tap on the marketplace button on the next page that appears. You can find the marketplace button, tap on the see more button and you should see it.
Those are the steps you need to follow to easily access Facebook marketplace on mobile app.
Having outlined the processes for accessing marketplace on Facebook, let’s dive into how to sell on Facebook marketplace.
How to Sell Products on Facebook Marketplace
Listing your item for sale on Facebook marketplace is pretty simple and easy. In fact, even the non-techy guys can easily get it done within some split seconds. Well, for the sake of the elect, let’s consider all the steps for setting up a listing on Facebook Marketplace fast:
NOTE: Since Facebook marketplace is built into Facebook’s desktop site and mobile app, you will need to first off, login into your Facebook account as earlier outlined and it takes only a minute to set up a listing on Facebook Marketplace.
Here is how:
- Login Facebook by supplying your login credential and then click on the login button to continue to your account
- Go to the left column of the Facebook page and click on the Facebook marketplace button. Bear in mind that you can click on the see more button should you didn’t see the marketplace button
- Next, once taken to the facebook marketplace platform, click on the +Create New Listing button
- Now, you will need to select your listing type. You can choose it from a list of the listing types: Item for sale, Vehicle for sale, Property for rent or sale, Job opening
- Having done the above, you will need to fill out the listing form by providing the following details: Add photos (you’ll need AT LEAST one), Create your listing title (remember to use keywords people are searching for), Add your price, Choose a relevant listing category from the drop-down list, Select the condition of the item you’re, selling from the drop-down list, Add relevant product tags, Add your location, Select the number of items available, Delivery method (shipping or local pick up), Shipping rate (if applicable)
- Select your category
- Finally, click on the publish button and your listing will be live on facebook marketplace.
Bear in mind that you can choose other places you want your item to be displaced.
Another thing that is worthy of note is that, once a buyer purchased the product, you can close the sale.
Yes, you can easily get that done by marking the item as sold.
How Can I Reach More Buyers And Make More Sales
To increase your Facebook Marketplace Sales, which has to do with reaching more buyers and making lots of sales on Facebook marketplace, here are the things you can do:
- You can create facebook ads for your listing on facebook marketplace
- Use clean photos of your items
- Do research to figure out the items that sell more on facebook marketplace
- Share your listing on Facebook groups
- You need to optimize your listing with focus keywords so you can easily be found on the marketplace
- You can also aim for a strong seller’s record
- Make sure you choose the right category for your product
- Also, include shipping/delivery
Those are some of the basic things you can do to take your listing to the level you want it to be.
How to Buy in the Marketplace
These are the steps to buy in the marketplace:
• Log in to the Facebook Marketplace with your details
• Choose the items you wish to purchase
• Click on “MESSAGE.”
• Send the seller a message and continue transacting.
How To Get Facebook Marketplace
There is no particular thing you can do to be able to get the facebook marketplace. However, here are a few things you can do to increase your chances of getting marketplace on Facebook:
- Update your Facebook app to the latest version
- You must be up to 18yrs
- You must be at the location where the marketplace feature is available
- Your account must be on Facebook for some time. However, there are some persons that the feature is available on their profile once they sign up for an account
- Your language must be accepted on Facebook marketplace
That is it on Facebook Marketplace Buy Sell Nearby Me – How To Access Marketplace Facebook Near My Local Community.
I believe the above guide was helpful enough. Bear in mind that if the Facebook marketplace is not available at your location at the moment, you can use Facebook buy and sell groups as well as Facebook business pages to market your products on the platform.
So if Facebook marketplace is not available for you, there is no point to be worried. Use other Facebook marketing features and ensure you abide by the marketing place rules and regulations.
Thanks for dropping by. Have you used Facebook marketplace for buying and selling online?
If yes, how was the experience of using the online marketing place. Feel free to use the comment box below to let us know.