You can access the Facebook Marketplace service for free directly from within Facebook through the following methods:
- Facebook website: Click the Marketplace link on the main menu on the left side of the screen.
- Facebook apps: Tap the icon that looks like three horizontal lines to open the secondary menu and then tap on Marketplace. If you can’t see the link, it may be hidden under the See More link. Tap on it to view all the menu options.
While Facebook Marketplace can usually be found via the two above methods, the option can sometimes disappear completely due to a technical problem or a restriction placed on an account.
If you’ve opened the Facebook website or app and the Facebook Marketplace icon is not showing, there are a variety of potential causes that might be behind this problem.
- You are under 18. Facebook Marketplace is only available to Facebook users who are 18 years old or over.
- Your home region isn’t supported. Facebook Marketplace is only available in 50 countries including the United States, Canada, and Australia. If your home address on your Facebook profile is set to a country that isn’t supported, the Facebook Marketplace icon doesn’t appear.
- You are in an unsupported country. Traveling to a country that isn’t supported by Facebook Marketplace may also cause the option to disappear from the Facebook site and apps.
- Your device isn’t supported. Facebook Marketplace works only on iPhone 5 or later, Android, and iPad devices. It does not work on the iPod touch.
- Your Facebook account is new. Facebook Marketplace has been known to not appear at all to new Facebook users. This is likely done to prevent scammers from creating new accounts and selling fake products soon after having previous accounts banned from the platform.
- It’s hidden in the dynamic menu. The main icon menu within the Facebook apps is dynamic and displays shortcuts to Facebook features that you use the most. If you go a while without using Facebook Marketplace, the icon may disappear. Tap the three-line icon in the main menu to see more Facebook services.
- Your access has been revoked by Facebook. This can happen if you used Marketplace in a way that violates its policies or standards.
If you currently don’t have Facebook Marketplace after logging into Facebook, there are several things you can try to get it to appear.
Log out of the Facebook website or app and then log in again.
Uninstall and reinstall the Facebook app on your mobile device.
Here’s how to uninstall apps on iOS and how to uninstall apps on Android devices.
Change your home country to one supported by Facebook Marketplace. Go to your Facebook profile, click About, and click the plus sign to add a city or Edit to change your current city.
Use a new Facebook account daily, comment on posts, and add friends. Once Facebook detects that your account is real and not a fake made to sell products, the Marketplace functionality may be unlocked.
Visit the Facebook Marketplace website directly in a web browser. This can be a good backup option if the link refuses to show up on the main Facebook website and within the apps.
The Facebook Marketplace App I Can’t Find
Although Facebook Local and Facebook Messenger have different applications, Facebook Marketplace operates entirely within the main Facebook app and website. When you update the software on a new phone or tablet, the main Facebook app is all you need to access the Facebook Marketplace.
There is no official Android version for the Facebook Marketplace to download or one for iOS devices like the iPhone and iPad.