Facebook Business Manager (FBM) is a tool used to manage your Facebook presence. It allows businesses to create and upload pages, respond to reviews, generate insights about their target audience, monitor the activity of competitors, and more. It’s not a secret that Facebook has grown into one of the most important social media platforms in today’s digital world.
In fact, it has become so important that non-business users have been left with limited options if they wish to continue using the social network without disclosing their personal information to advertisers. As a result, many businesses have adopted an official Facebook page as their primary source of interaction with customers and potential customers.
However, establishing this presence isn’t easy—especially if you don’t have the time or resources necessary to manage your Facebook account manually. With this in mind, we present you with a comprehensive guide on everything you need to know about Facebook Business Manager:
What is Facebook Business Manager?
Facebook Business Manager, commonly abbreviated as FBM, is a management tool created by Facebook that allows you to manage your company’s presence on Facebook. It is a hosted service that is designed for larger businesses that have many different Facebook pages and need a centralized way to manage all of them.
Facebook Business Manager can manage Pages, Groups, Events, and Offer tabs. FBMs primary function is to allow marketers to manage their Facebook presence at scale. This includes Pages, Groups and Events.
A Business Manager account can be linked to many different types of accounts. For example, a single Business Manager account can be linked to multiple Pages, Event invitations, and Groups.
Benefits of Using FBM
If you are an online business owner who relies on Facebook for their marketing strategy, then Facebook Business Manager can be a valuable asset for streamlining and automating your efforts.
- Save Time Managing Your Presence – FBMs can save you valuable time that would have been spent managing your Facebook presence manually. As a result, you will be able to focus on other areas of your business and generate better results.
- Scale your Facebook Efforts – With FBMs, you can manage multiple Facebook accounts at once. This allows you to expand your presence, while still keeping things under control and under the same roof.
- Improve Customer Experience – Since FBMs allow you to respond to customer messages and comments more quickly, you’ll be able to provide a better overall experience. This can have a positive impact on retention rates and customer satisfaction.
- More Data and Insight – With FBMs, you also gain more insight and data about your target audience. This data can be incredibly valuable for making better marketing decisions.
- Better Brand Recognition – FBMs can help you grow brand recognition by allowing you to respond to posts from your fans and respond to their queries on Facebook.
- Stay Compliant with Regulations – With Facebook Business Manager, you will be able to comply with local laws. This is especially important for businesses that operate in more regulated industries such as healthcare and financial services.
How to Set Up Facebook Business Manager
If you want to get started with Facebook Business Manager, you’ll first need to create a new Facebook account. You can do this by logging into your normal account, selecting “New Message” from the drop-down menu, and then selecting “Business Manager Account Request.” You should then fill out the form and confirm your email address.
Once this is done, you’ll need to link your new Facebook account to your current Facebook page. You can do this by selecting “Settings” and then selecting “Account Settings.” On the following page, select “Linked Accounts.”
From here, select “Add a new account” and then select “Facebook Business Manager.” On the following page, select “Add Account.” Once this is done, you will be able to create a new Facebook Business Manager account. You will also need to select whether you would like to create a new account or link your existing Page to your Business Manager account.
Monitor Audience Behavior with FBM
FBMs allow you to track how many people like, comment, and share your posts. This can be incredibly useful for gaining insights about your target audience that you can use for future campaigns.
However, this data may also be helpful for tracking down spammers, as well as people who have been abusing your posts. You can access this data by logging into your Facebook Business Manager account and selecting “Audience Insights.” You can then select the “Posts” tab to view data about your posts.
Monitor Competitor Activity with FBM
Depending on your business, keeping an eye on your competitors can be a useful strategy for gaining a competitive advantage. However, it can be hard to keep track of their social media posts if you don’t have the time to check them manually. With FBMs, you can track and monitor your competitor’s social media posts.
You can do this by logging into your Facebook Business Manager account and selecting “Posts” from the left-hand menu. From here, you can select the “Competitors” tab.
Manage Your Facebook Pages with FBM
If you’re managing multiple Facebook pages, you will be able to access data for each of them from your Facebook Business Manager account. This can help you make better decisions about your overall social media strategy. You can use FBM to create and edit your posts. You can also schedule posts to be published at a future time.
This can be helpful if your schedule is particularly hectic and you don’t have time to create new posts every day. You can also respond to customer messages and review requests from your FBM account. If you have Facebook pages in multiple languages, you can also translate your posts and respond to comments in these languages.
Another helpful feature of FBMs is that you can create filters to manage your events, posts, and pages. With these filters, you can prioritize certain posts and events over others. For example, you might create a filter that publishes all of your posts in a specific language first, followed by your other posts.
Facebook Ads and FBM
If you’re managing your Facebook ads with Facebook Business Manager, you can also access your ad data from your FBM account. This can be useful for checking your ad statistics, as well as for managing your ad campaigns.
However, you cannot create new ad campaigns or ad sets from your FBMs. You can also use Facebook Business Manager to access your Power Editor. Your Power Editor includes the same functions as your FBMs, plus a few additional features. The only difference is that you can only manage your main page from your Power Editor.
Is FBM Worth It?
Facebook Business Manager is a powerful tool, especially for large businesses. It allows companies to manage their Facebook presence at scale and in a centralized way. However, Facebook Business Manager is not for everyone.
Depending on your business’s needs, Facebook Business Manager can be incredibly useful. If you manage multiple Facebook pages, it may be worth your time to switch over to Facebook Business Manager. It can help you manage your Facebook presence more efficiently and make better overall decisions.
That said, Facebook Business Manager is not a cheap service. It costs $30 per month per page. Small businesses may not be able to justify spending this amount of money on a single social media platform. It’s also worth noting that Facebook Business Manager is constantly changing and updating their policies. This can make it challenging to keep up with everything.
Pros and cons of Facebook Business Manager
FBMs are great for scaling your presence, tracking your data, and improving your brand recognition. However, they are not cheap and they come with a fair amount of setup time. If you’re willing to invest the time and money necessary to use Facebook Business Manager, you can gain a lot of benefits from using the platform.
- Specialized Experience – If you use Facebook Business Manager, you will be able to focus on your core competencies, while Facebook deals with the rest.
- Expedited Account Setup – If you use Facebook Business Manager to set up your account, it can be done much more quickly than if you were to set up your account manually.
- Streamline Your Efforts – With Facebook Business Manager, you can streamline and automate many of your efforts. This can help you save time and generate better results.
- Better Customer Experience – Facebook Business Manager allows you to respond to customer messages and