Send and Receive Money Using WhatsApp
WhatsApp is a social media platform used by citizens all over the world to communicate. WhatsApp is also working hard to improve its services. WhatsApp, like Facebook, recently launched its own payment service known as WhatsApp pay. WhatsApp pay is an in-chat payment system that allows WhatsApp users to make payments to their contact lists via WhatsApp.
WhatsApp Pay is a UPI-based payment service that lets you send and receive money. You can use WhatsApp Pay to communicate with friends, family, and coworkers.
Because WhatsApp now allows you to make payments, which the company claims is as simple as sending a message. Sending and receiving money has become much easier with WhatsApp pay.
WhatsApp Pay employs the Unified Payment Interface [UPI] method, which allows you to send and receive money via your UPI-linked bank accounts.
WhatsApp Pay is now available on all mobile devices, including IOS and Android. WhatsApp sends instructions to banks, which initiate money transfers between sender and receiver bank accounts via UPI.
How WhatsApp Pay works
Furthermore, WhatsApp Pay allows users to send money only to their contacts before enabling UPI id. Users of WhatsApp Pay may also use their UPI id to transfer money.
Additionally, WhatsApp users can use QR CODE to send money to people who are not on their contact list. To use WhatsApp payments, you must first send money to a contact.
You can set up their UPI account on WhatsApp immediately after receiving the request. By clicking on the file icon and selecting payment, you can transfer money directly through chat. The payment option is accessible through the shortcut menu.
In that section, you can also view your transaction history and account information. This WhatsApp pay simply uses the UPI method, which allows money transfers to be made without the need for a bank account number. And the receiver’s IFCS codes.
How to Set up payments on WhatsApp
The first step in getting started with WhatsApp Pay is to link your bank account service.
The Unified Payments Interface [UPI] primarily uses your phone number, and the service is compatible with all major Indian banks. To set up payments on WhatsApp, follow the steps below.
- Launch the WhatsApp app on your mobile device. Click on the three-dotted icon which is placed on the top right of the screen. Click on payments. Add a payment method.
- Then, accept and continue to get started.
- You will see a list of bank names. Select your bank from the list. It should be your primary UPI account. Now, you need to verify your phone number. Make sure that the WhatsApp number you’re using is the same one registered with your bank account.
- Hit Verify via SMS to authenticate your bank account. Click allow to let WhatsApp verify that the number is the one registered with your bank account.
- Click allow again for WhatsApp to send texts to authenticate your account. Then, WhatsApp will now verify with your bank and pull up all accounts registered with your number. Select the one you’d like to use to finish setting up payments.
- Click on DONE to finish setting up WhatsApp payments. After this, you will be able to see the chosen bank on the payments page.
How to Receive and Send Money Via WhatsApp.
- Open the chat of the person you want to send money to on WhatsApp. Click on the attachment icon. Click on Payment and add the amount you want to send to the individual. Also, you can add a note.
- Enter your UPI PIN. You’ll see a confirmation message show up directly in the conversation window once the transaction is done. With WhatsApp pay, sending and receiving of money is now easier than ever before.
You must log in to post a comment.