Perhaps you had grown weary of hearing your uncle talk politics all the time. Perhaps there are too many movies of the cat of your high school acquaintance. Whoever you blocked on Facebook was blocked for a reason.
What happens though if you want to unblock them? Facebook lets you unblock anyone quickly without alerting them. If you were friends before the block, adding someone back to your Friends list will also unblock them.
Here’s how to remove a Facebook block on someone.
Just a quick reminder: You might want to unfollow someone if you just didn’t want to see their posts on your timeline but still want to engage with them. If you unfollow someone, their posts will just disappear from your timeline without them knowing.
How to unblock someone on Facebook via the Facebook website
1. Navigate to the top-right corner of Facebook from any page and click the downward-pointing arrow there.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down menu and then select Settings.
Click Settings after selecting Settings & privacy from the drop-down menu next to the arrow icon.
3. Click Blocking in the column on the left side of the screen.
4. Review the users you’ve blocked on the next screen, then click Unblock next to those you want to unblock.
5. In the pop-up window that appears, click Confirm.
How to unblock someone on Facebook via the Facebook mobile app
1. Launch the Facebook application and click the three vertical lines in the bottom-right (iPhone) or top-right (Android) corner (Android).
2. Scroll down to Settings & Privacy, then tap Settings on the subsequent Menu page.
3. Scroll down to Blocking and hit it on the Settings page.
4. A complete list of everyone you have blocked will be displayed. Hit Unblock next to anyone’s name, and then tap Unblock once more to confirm.