Have you ever thought about creating a Facebook account? Even though you haven’t made the decision to sign up for this social network, you are curious. Another option is to create a Facebook Business page. You could already be a frequent user and wish to learn how to further personalize your account and improve your privacy settings.
The social network Facebook, now called Meta, offers its users a wide range of choices. We’ll walk you through setting up a Facebook account and customizing it to your preferences in this tutorial to help you make the most of it.
You must first register a Facebook account in order to generate Facebook Ads and market your brand, so let’s get started!
How to Create a New Facebook Account Step by Step
From the Computer
- Go to www.facebook.com
- Enter your name, email or cell phone number, password, date of birth, and gender. If the system indicates that your password is not secure enough, try adding more characters or combining upper and lower case letters.
- Click Create an account (remember you must be at least 14 years old to do this).
- Finally, you’ll need to confirm the email address or cell phone number you entered earlier. To confirm the email, click or tap on the link in the confirmation email you receive. To confirm the cell phone number, you must enter the code you received by SMS in the Confirm box, which will appear when you log in.
From Your Cell Phone
- The first thing you’ll need to do to create a Facebook account is to install the Facebook application on your cell phone. To do this, go to the corresponding app store (App Store for iPhones and Google Play for Android phones), find the Facebook application and download it.
- If you have space problems on your cell phone, you can download Facebook Lite, which is a reduced version of the Facebook application. It takes much less time to install, but retains the same basic functions as the normal application.
- Once you have downloaded and installed the application, open it. On the home screen, and click Create Facebook Account.
- Then click Next.
- Enter your first and last name.
- Enter your date of birth.
- Enter your gender.
- Enter your mobile number for verification.
- Choose a password.
- Finally, click on Register. If there is a problem with your password, the system will ask you to go back and change it.
And there you have it! The application will log you in automatically. You can instruct it to remember your password so that you can log in by touching the application rather than typing it in each time.
How To Get More Out Of Your Facebook Account
You have already created your own Facebook account if you followed the steps above. Welcome! Let’s look at how to use this social network and take advantage of the various options it provides.
Personalize Your Facebook Account
Your Facebook account is similar to an online letter of introduction that allows other users to find you. As a result, after creating your account, the next step is to personalize it.
To begin, update your profile and cover photos, which are the most visible elements.
- Your profile photo, as the name suggests, is a round image that serves to represent yourself. Keep in mind that it will appear whenever you post or comment on Facebook. Most users use some kind of portrait, but it’s not mandatory. You can choose any image you like and want to be associated with. To be seen in good quality, the image has to be at least 180 pixels long.
- The cover photo, on the other hand, is rectangular and can only be seen when other users enter directly into your wall or hover over your profile name on desktop only. Its large size makes it ideal for images such as your favorite landscape, some illustration, or a photo of you practicing a hobby. It must be at least 720 pixels wide.
- Once you have your profile and cover photos, update your biographical information. You can click on Update Information and fill in the fields that interest you most. For example, the places where you have worked and studied, places where you have lived, important events, etc.
- Finally, you have the Introduction section, in the left corner (below the pictures). Here you can enter a very short text (maximum 101 characters) that defines you.