How to Block Albums on Facebook but Not the Wall
Facebook enables you to adjust the privacy settings for many sections of your profile, including photo albums and the Wall on your profile, commonly known as the Facebook Timeline. You can prevent specific friends, all friends, or all users from viewing your photo albums without preventing access to your Facebook Wall. Utilize the privacy settings for each photo album to restrict access. Each time you post anything to your Wall, you can restrict who can view it using the inline audience choice.
Block Photo Album Access
To access your Facebook Profile, click on your name in the top navigation bar of any Facebook page.
Click the “Photos” tab in the left-hand menu. Click “Photos” next to See All at the top of the page.
Click the audience selector button underneath the photo album’s name and thumbnail image.
Choose your chosen share control configuration. To restrict access to all users, select “Only Me” from the list of alternatives. Alternately, you can pick “Public,” “Friends,” or “Friends Except Acquaintances” to grant access to these groups. Whoever does not fall into one of these groups will not have access to the photo album. Choose “Custom” to grant access to certain friends or custom friend lists. You can add each person individually, make bespoke friend lists in advance, or utilize the Facebook-generated smart lists.
Repeat this process for each photo album that you want to block.
Configure Wall Privacy Settings
- Click the “Home” tab in the main Facebook navigation menu.
- In the What’s On Your Mind section at the top of the page, enter a status update or add a link to online content you wish to share. Alternately, you can add a photo or video by choosing “Add/Photo Video,” or you may ask your Facebook friends a question by clicking “Ask a Question.”
- Click the inline audience selector tool button indicated with the down-arrow button at the bottom of the pane. Select your desired audience from the drop-down menu by clicking on it. You may grant access to the Public, Friends, and Friends Other Than Acquaintances groups. Select “Custom” to share the item with specific friends or custom friend lists.
- To post content to your Facebook Wall, click the blue “Post” button. The content will be accessible to the chosen audience.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)