How to Hide Your Facebook Friends List from Others
Despite the fact that Facebook by default makes your whole list of friends accessible, you may easily conceal it. This is fantastic for assisting people in discovering common friends, particularly if they have only recently joined Facebook. You might, however, wish to keep your Friends list a secret. This article will teach you how to develop more cunning online friendships. You’ll discover how to keep your Facebook Friends list private, including how to keep some individuals’ friends lists private. If you’re concerned about online privacy, you may also discover how to make your entire Friends list private.
How to Hide Your Facebook Friends List on PC
Using the desktop or mobile apps, you can modify Facebook’s privacy settings for your friends list. If you’re using Facebook in your browser on a computer, go to the steps below.
- Head over to Facebook and log in to your account.
- In the upper-right corner, click on your profile picture.
- Select “Settings & Privacy -> Settings” from the menu that pops up.
- Select “Privacy” from the menu on the left.
- Scroll down until you find the following section: “How people find and contact you -> Who can see your friends list.” Click the “Edit” link to the right.
- Use the “Who can see your friends list?” drop-down to specify who has access to this information.
Choose from the following options:
- Public – everyone has access to your Friends list.
- Friends – your list will be accessible to your Friends only. It cannot be accessed by other Facebook users.
- Friends except – do you want to share your Facebook Friends list with everyone except a select few users? In this scenario, it may be easier to specify who shouldn’t have access to your Friends list.
- Specific friends – if you only want to share your list with certain people, select “Specific friends” and enter the names of the lucky few.
- Only me – This hides your Friends list from everyone – even those on your Friends list!
- Custom – if you have very specific requirements, this is the most flexible option. You can use “Custom” to enter the names of anyone who should and shouldn’t have access to your Friends list. You can also use “Custom” to restrict or grant access to entire groups, including “Friends of Friends.”
If you don’t want to go through Settings, there’s an alternative path via your Facebook profile that allows you how to hide your Friends list.
- Go to your Facebook profile.
- Find your Friends list on the right, and click on “See all friends.”
- In the top right next to the “Find Friends” button, cllick on the three horizontal dots.
- Select “Edit Privacy” from there.
- A pop-up window will appear showing you your current privacy settings. Hit the button next to “Friends List.”
- This will bring up the list of options detailed above. Select the desired option.
How to Hide Your Facebook Friends List on Mobile
If Facebook is already installed on your phone, you might want to change these privacy settings through the iOS or Android app.
The processes may somewhat vary on iOS because the following instructions are based on Facebook for Android. In contrast to PC, you can only change these settings through Settings, not straight from your profile.
- Launch the Facebook mobile app on your mobile.
- Tap the three-line icon in the upper-right corner.
- Scroll to “Settings & Privacy” and give it a tap.
- Select “Settings.”
- Swipe down until you find the “Audience and visibility” section, then hit “How people find and contact you.”
- Choose “Who can see your friends list?” to reveal the options detailed above and select your desired option.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)