Facebook Marketplace Is Missing 2023 | How To Access FB Marketplace: Here is a comprehensive and straight to the point guide on Facebook marketplace is missing on Facebook social media platform.
Facebook Marketplace is a popular feature built into the Facebook social network that’s used by over 800 million users every month to buy and sell products and services.
The Facebook Marketplace service can be accessed directly from within Facebook for free via the following methods:
Facebook website: Login to your Facebook account via the Facebook official homepage and then locate and click the Marketplace icon on the main menu on the left side of the screen.
Facebook apps: First off, you will need to log in to your Facebook app profile and then, tap the menu icon that looks like three horizontal lines to open the secondary menu and then tap on Marketplace. If you cannot see the option, it may be hidden under the See More link. Now, you will need to scroll down the page and then tap on it to view all the menu options.
While Facebook Marketplace can usually be found through the two above methods, the option can sometimes disappear completely as a result of a technical problem or a restriction placed on an account.
Listed below are the things you need to know about how to add Marketplace to Facebook and to get that icon to show again within the apps and on the Facebook website.
Reasons Why the Facebook Marketplace Icon Is Missing
If you have opened the Facebook website or app and the Facebook Marketplace icon is not showing, there are a variety of potential causes that might be behind this problem.
- It may be that you’re under 18. This is due to the policy of the facebook marketplace. Yes, the Facebook Marketplace is only available to Facebook users who are 18 years old or over.
- Your home region may not be supported on facebook marketplace currently. Facebook Marketplace is only accessible in 50 countries which include the United States, Canada, and Australia. If your home address on your Facebook profile is set to a country that is not supported, the Facebook Marketplace icon doesn’t appear.
- It may be that you are in an unsupported country. Worthy of note is that traveling to a country that is not supported by Facebook Marketplace may also cause the option to disappear from the Facebook site and apps.
- It may be that your device is not supported on facebook marketplace. Facebook Marketplace is accessible only on iPhone 5 or later, Android, and iPad devices. It does not work on iPod touch.
- It may be that your Facebook account is new. Facebook Marketplace is popularly known to not appear to new Facebook users. This is often done to restrict spammers from creating new accounts and selling fake products soon after having previous accounts banned from the platform.
- Facebook marketplace icon is buried in the dynamic menu. The main icon menu within the Facebook apps is dynamic and shows shortcuts to Facebook features that you use the most. If you go a while without visiting or using Facebook Marketplace platform to buy or sell, the icon may disappear. Tap the three-line icon in the main menu to see more Facebook services and the marketplace icon should be found there.
- Your access has been banned by Facebook. This can happen if you used the Marketplace feature in such a way that violates its policies or standards.
How to Get Marketplace on Facebook
If you currently do not have Facebook Marketplace after logging into Facebook, there are several things you can try to get it to appear.
Log out of the Facebook website or app and then log in again.
Uninstall and reinstall the Facebook app on your mobile device.
Here is how to uninstall apps on iOS and how to uninstall apps on Android devices.
You will need to reset or change your home country to one supported by Facebook Marketplace.
Navigate to your Facebook profile, click About, and click the plus sign to add a city or Edit to change your current city.
You will need to be using your newly created Facebook account daily, comment on posts, and add friends. Once Facebook detects that your account is real and not a fake made to sell products, the Marketplace functionality may be unlocked.
Go to the Facebook Marketplace website directly in a web browser. This can be a good backup option if the link refuses to show up on the main Facebook website and within the apps.
I Can’t Find The Facebook Marketplace App
While there are separate apps for Facebook Local and Facebook Messenger features, Facebook Marketplace operates completely within the main Facebook app and website. If you are installing apps on a new phone or tablet, all you need to access Facebook Marketplace is the main Facebook app.
Contrary to the thought of some facebook users, there is no official Facebook Marketplace Android app to download nor is there one for iOS devices like the iPhone and iPad.
If you have used a standalone Facebook Marketplace app in the past, it was likely an unofficial app. Some people like to use third-party Facebook Marketplace apps, but they are not needed and often featureless functionality than the main Facebook app.
That is it on Facebook Marketplace Is Missing 2023 | How To Access FB Marketplace. Kindly share!!!