How to Delete FB Account Permanently
Without a doubt, Facebook is the most popular social media site in the world. Nearly 2.8 billion users actively use the company each month. The social media site currently offers a variety of platforms, including Facebook Messenger, Instagram, and WhatsApp. But over the past few years, we have frequently been made aware of how the brand is covertly gathering, storing, and selling your data. The social media platform is experiencing an all-time high in privacy concerns. Whether it was the infamous Cambridge Analytica data scandal, which essentially saw millions of Facebook users’ personal information collected without their knowledge.
Facebook has consistently been at the center of debates over privacy issues. It was discovered in 2019 that the business hired freelancers to produce transcripts of user audio chats. So, if you’re one of those people who has been extremely upset by all of these controversies, you might want to permanently delete your Facebook account. But how do you go about it? This article will detail how to delete your Facebook account precisely. But before we get started, it’s crucial to understand the distinction between deactivating and deleting your Facebook account.
What is the difference between deleting and deactivating a Facebook account?
Users on Facebook have the option to deactivate or delete their accounts. The latter is useful if you wish to take a break from using social media for a bit. When you deactivate an account, nobody can access your profile. You may still use Facebook Messenger, though. Additionally, during conversations, your profile picture will still be visible. Other applications like Spotify, Pinterest, and others allow users to sign in using Facebook. Additionally, the videos, posts, and images won’t be removed. Anytime they want, users can easily reactivate their accounts.
How to Delete Your FB Account Permanently?
It’s important to keep in mind that you won’t be able to reactivate your account after deletion. In addition, everything you’ve added—including your profile, pictures, blog posts, and videos—will be permanently removed. Both Messenger and the Login feature for other apps will be unavailable to you. Therefore, if you’re absolutely certain, you can delete your Facebook account by following these instructions:
- Open the Facebook app and go to the Settings & Privacy section, then click on Settings.
- Click on Your Facebook Information and then go to Deactivation and Deletion.
- Choose Permanently Delete Account, then click Continue to Account Deletion.
- You will be asked for a reason for deleting the account. Choose the reason.
- In the next slide, the company will show you all the data that will be lost when you delete it.
- Click Delete Account, enter your password and then click Continue.
The average time it takes for Facebook to remove your account from its servers is 90 days. The business still gives you 30 days to reactivate your account, though. Within 30 days, you can log back into your account to halt the deletion process.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)