Are you a Facebook messenger user and ever asked yourself this question; How Do I Delete Or Deactivate Facebook Messenger App.
Or have you ever contemplate how to Deactivate FB Messenger? If your answers are yes, here is a Facebook post that teaches everything you need to know about how to delete or deactivate Facebook messenger app step by step.
Thus, if you are a Facebook and Facebook messenger user and want to know about FB messenger app deletion or deactivation, this article has gotten you covered. Continue reading below and please don’t hesitate to promote it by sharing it with your friends and loved ones.
Prior to now, Facebook messenger is located within the Facebook platform. However, for some reason, Facebook has deemed it fit to make messenger a standalone feature. Thus, people can be on Facebook messenger and be interacting with their friends and loved ones without necessarily accessing Facebook.
Some persons in time past, have even signed up for a messenger app without creating an account on Facebook.
Well, I believe Facebook might have reversed that. As everyone that wants to sign up for a messenger account these days is required to have a Facebook account.
This article is all about how to deactivate or delete Facebook messenger account.
it is true that several facebook users once they successfully deactivated their Facebook accounts, they have probably been wondering where and how to disable or cancel their Facebook messengers.
Well, disabling the messenger is a simple tip that we will show you in a little bit.
Facebook is one of the greatest marketing and social tools anyone can use to boost his or her company, but there are its downsides that cause users to permanently delete or perhaps deactivate their profile from Facebook account.
In this guide, after you have deactivated your account, we will show you how to delete the messenger app.
How Can I deactivate Facebook Messenger?
You can only deactivate Messenger if you previously deactivated your Facebook account.
To deactivate Messenger after you’ve deactivated your Facebook account:
- Open the Messenger (mobile app or web)
- Tap your profile picture in the top left corner of the Facebook messeneger page
- Next, scroll down the page and tap account settings
- Now, you will need to scroll down the page to your information section of the page
- Under this section, you will need to tap on the account ownership and control option
- Tap on the Deactivation and Deletion button.
- Tap deactivate
- Enter your password and tap on Continue
- Finally, tap Deactivate on the popup box and your account on messenger will be deleted temporarily.
The above guide is applicable to those whose Facebook messenger is linked to their Facebook account,
If however, your messenger was created separately from your Facebook account, you can follow these steps to deactivate as well as delete your messenger:
- Open your messenger on your device
- Next, tap on your profile photo at the left top corner of the messenger app
- Now, you will need to scroll down the page and tap legal & policies. Bear in mind that you may need to first off, tap account settings before you can access the legal and policies option
- Check under your Facebook Information option and you should see Delete your account information. Tap on Delete Your Account and Information. If you are using an android device, you will see the deactivate button. Tap on it
- Tap deactivate and enter your password.
- Tap deactivate again to complete the action
If however, you want to permanently delete your Facebook messenger account, you will need to tap delete, enter your password and then tap delete again and you are done. Bear in mind that in this case, you will need to download a copy of your information from Facebook.
How Can I reactivate Facebook Messenger?
In order to reactivate Facebook Messenger, log in with your username and password. Your account will automatically be reactivated.
Note: If you deactivate both your Facebook and your Messenger and then decides to reactivate Messenger, keep in mind that both your Facebook account and messenger will be reactivated.
BONUS: Is It Possible To Deactivate Messenger Without Deactivating Facebook
The answer to the question is no. You can’t deactivate facebook messenger and still keep facebook.
If you don’t want to be visible on facebook messenger, you can easily turn off your active status. Doing that will take you off the messenger platform. Here is how to:
- Login messenger on your device
- Tap on your profile photo at the top left corner of the facebook messenger page
- Scroll down the page and tap active status
- Next, you will need to use the toggle to turn off your active status on messenger
That is how to easily get off of people’s path on facebook messenger without having to deactivate your account on facebook.
BONUS: How To Turn Off Facebook Messenger Notifications
You can also choose to disable messenger notifications while getting low on the giant messaging platform. If you want to disable notification on facebook messenger you will need to follow this guide:
- Go to messenger
- Tap on your profile photo at the top left corner of the page
- Next, go to Notifications and Sounds.
- Turn on Do Not Disturb status.
That is it. You are done.
That is it on How Do I Delete Or Deactivate Facebook Messenger App – Deactivate FB Messenger.
I hope this article has covered what you have been yarning to get an answer to. Please share!!!