In today’s post, I’m going to be teaching you everything you need to know about How to Add Marketplace to Facebook. Thus if you are a Facebook user and interested in making use of the free online marketing platform to advertise on Facebook free, this article has gotten you covered.
Here, you will see all that is therein on accessing Facebook marketplace and getting it to be functional on your profile. Continue reading below and please don’t hesitate to share it with your friends and loved ones!!!
The Facebook Marketplace is an online marketplace on Facebook built to allow sellers to reach out to potential customers in their locality online, from the comfort of their homes.
Over the years, people have been connecting, advertising, and buying and selling products and services on Facebook via Facebook groups, facebook pages, facebook timelines, and others.
But, recently, Facebook has decided to simplify the process with more features in one place called the Facebook Marketplace.
The newly launched Facebook Marketplace feature which is becoming popular by the day is built into Facebook and gives millions of users the opportunity to buy, sell and trade items and services with other people in their locality.
Facebook Marketplace lets:
- its users to search for items to buy
- its users to browse for-sale items by category and/or location
- its users to create item listings. Thus, if you are among the numerous marketplace users, you can easily take the images for the item using a camera function within the app, or alternatively, you can add photos from your device’s camera roll.
- its users to sort items according to location and category.
- its users to view previous and current transactions and messages under a ‘Your Items’ section
- its users to set custom bids for items
- its users to message buyers/sellers to arrange transactions
Do you want to add this amazing wonderful Marketplace feature on your Facebook but do not know how to go about getting that done, just chill as this post is for you.
In this post, we will show you exactly how you can access the Facebook Marketplace, add Marketplace to Facebook, and how you can sell and buy on the Facebook Marketplace.
How to Access the Facebook Marketplace
On Desktop PC
First, you will need to log in to Facebook, you will find the Marketplace icon visible on the top right side of the page.
On a Mobile app
First of all, you will need to launch the Facebook app, on the top center of the page you will find the Facebook Marketplace icon
Next, tap on that menu icon to take you to the Marketplace. If you are accessing the facebook marketplace app for the first time, you will find the screen below
Bear in mind that the Facebook Marketplace is enabled by default. If you do not find the Facebook market place icon, there are some causes to that. Find out why you can’t access the Facebook Marketplace
How to Add Marketplace to Facebook
If at the moment you can’t access Facebook Marketplace after logging into Facebook, there are many things you can attempt to get it to appear on your profile newsfeed.
- First, you will need to log out of the Facebook website or app and then log in again.
- If you are using a mobile phone, you will need to uninstall and reinstall the Facebook app.
- Another thing you will need to is to change your home country to one of the 50 supported by Facebook Marketplace.
- If you just signed up for a new account on facebook, you will need to use the new Facebook account daily, comment on posts, and add friends. Once Facebook figure out that your account is real and not a fake one made to see products, the Marketplace functionality may be unlocked
- You can also go to the Facebook Marketplace website directly in a web browser. This can be a good backup option if the link refuses to displace the main Facebook website and within the apps.
Bear in mind that while there exists a separate Facebook app and Messenger app, there is no separate Marketplace app, as the marketplace app is in the main Facebook app.
How To Sell Something On Facebook Marketplace
Before you start to sell on Facebook, you should understand that Facebook has certain rules that guide the operation of the Marketplace.
We will advise you acquaint yourself with the Facebook Marketplace rules, so you do not get this feature disabled by Facebook for violating their policy.
- Login your facebook account and click on the marketplace option at the left corner of the facebook newsfeed
- Next, on the buy/sell platform home screen tap the Sell button
- Now, you will need to add a photo of your product from CameraRoll or snap it on the spot.
- Name your item, write a description of your listing, and set the price tag.
- Lastly, locate and click on the Post option and your product is live!
How To Buy Items On Facebook Marketplace
- Go to the Facebook marketplace platform on your device
- Next, browse the product that you want to purchase and open its listing.
- Now, you will need to verify the seller’s Information and see if the user has a good standing.
- You will also need to read all the details about the sale and use the Message Seller in case something isn’t clear or you need more info about the item.
- Once you are done with the above, locate and tap Make Offer and let the seller know how much you are willing to pay for the product.
- Now, you will need to wait for feedback and close the deal.
That is it on How to Add Marketplace to Facebook – Facebook Marketplace Icon. Kindly share!!!