How to delete Facebook search history – Are you looking for a guide on delete Facebook search history?
If yes, here is a Facebook post that teaches everything you need to know about how to clear Facebook search history.
Clear Facebook search history is a term that describes the steps every Facebook user can follow to easily clear search history in Facebook without stress.
So if you’re among the over 3.2 billion Facebook users and want to figure out the steps you need to figure out the answer to the question: how do I clear facebook search history?
Believe you me that you’re in the right place.
Some other questions which this article will attempt to proffer answers to are as follows:
How do I permanently delete my search history on Facebook? is
Can I see my deleted search history on Facebook?
How do I delete my name from Facebook search?
How do you delete recent searches?
Where is the Activity Log on Facebook?
How can I delete history?
Let’s get started with How to Clear Your Facebook Search History right away.
Facebook just like every other search engines now has a search feature that allows users to search for virtually anything.
Interestingly, over the years, Facebook Search has migrated from a simple people and page search feature to a full-fledged search engine.
Aside from letting users type search queries in a natural way and also displays related searches on your search query.
But, virtually all the items that you’ve ever typed in the Facebook search bar safely rests in the search history.
In other words, Facebook is saving your entire search history in a special section of the giant social media platform.
However, every Facebook user can without stress delete either individual item or entire pieces of stuff he/she have recently search or previously search on Facebook via the search history page.
This post is all about how to delete Facebook search history step by step.
How to Clear Facebook Search History On Web
To clear Facebook search history, do the following:
- First, you’ll need to login your Facebook account via facebook.com
- Next, you’ll need to go to the top right corner of the Facebook page and click on your name.
- Go to the bottom right of your Facebook cover photo and click the activity log button.
- Now, navigate to the left column of the next page that appears and you should see the More button under Photos and Videos, Likes and Reactions, Comments. Click on it
- Find and click on the search history once the menu displays all filters and you will be taken to the facebook search history page.
- Now, you’ll need to hover to the search query you want to delete and click on the edit button at the far right of the item. The edit button is the small circular-shaped icon.
- Next, select delete from the popup
- Click Remove Search on the dialog box and you’re done the item will be deleted immediately.
- Bear in mind that if you want to delete your entire search history, you can navigate to the top right corner of the page and click on the clear searches. Confirm the action and you’re done.
Those are the simple steps you’ll need to follow to easily get rid of your Facebook search history via activity log.
Well, there is a shortcut for clearing your facebook search history if you don’t get to find the above steps easier.
Yes! To bypass the above procedure, you can follow the below guide to easily clear search history in facebook:
- From facebook.com, log onto your profile
- Go to the top right corner of the facebook page and click in the search bar
- Next, click edit at the top right corner of the dropdown box and you’ll be taken to your facebook history page
- Scroll to the item you want to delete and click on the circular icon and then click delete
- Lastly, select remove search on the popup box and you’ve successfully deleted a search query on Facebook.
- Go to the top of the page and click on clear searches to delete all searches.
That is how to clear Facebook search history using your PC. Facebook app users are not left behind.
Every Facebook user on the app can also delete Facebook search history using their smartphone.
Interestingly, how to get that done is very simple and easy. Follow the below guide:
How do I clear Facebook search history On App
- First off, you’ll need to tap on the Facebook app in your smartphone
- Next, you’ll need to tap on your profile photo at the top left corner of the Facebook app
- Now, tap on the three dots icon below your profile picture
- Next, you’ll need to tap activity log
- From the next page that appears, you’ll need to find and tap on the Category option
- Navigate down the page and tap Search History and you’ll be taken to your Facebook search history page.
- Now, scroll to the query you want to delete and tap on the X button at the far right
- Lastly, you’ll need to tap Delete.
That is how to clear your Facebook search history using your smartphone. It is as simple as that.
Go ahead to try and you’ll be able to clear your Facebook search history fast and easy.
That is it on Clear search history in Facebook | How to delete Facebook search history Fast.
I hope this article was helpful. Please share!!!